Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cannabis and Insomnia

Every day, more and more people are coming out of the closet to describe their cannabis experiences to the world. This article, 'The cannabis Closet: Insomnia' gives an insight into how hard it is for someone to use their chosen medicine under archaic laws and prejudices.

This quote says so much about the stigma attached to cannabis use in countries where the use of cannabis is still illegal:

In my twenties, I had a cigar box full of marijuana that I left in a drawer by my bed. (I was never a recreational user, since smoking in the company of others made me feel paranoid.) If I woke up in the middle of the night, I would smoke a little, go back to sleep and wake up feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed. But I stopped smoking when I met my now husband, since he didn't approve. Now my insomnia has gotten much worse since the birth of my child, with all the attendant middle of the night awakenings.

0 comments: